Saturday, February 6, 2010

Visitors!!!


My parents came for a visit last Thursday and we had such a great time with them. We had been planning their visit for about a month, and it was perfect timing because they came 1 day after the news of Baby W, so we really needed their love and support. Thursday night I made them this meal, and they loved every bite!
Friday Cody went to school and I showed them a little bit of Omaha. We first went to Cody's school and had a little tour. It was fun for them to see where he spends all of his time...he even showed us his cadaver! Sick! Then we headed to Panara for lunch....O so yummy! Everyone enjoyed their delish, carb-loaded meal. Then we toured Whole Foods, an amazing grocery store. Okay, I don't know if you can even label it a 'grocery' store. All of their food is organic, aka, twice the price! The store is massive and 1/3 of it is buffets of delicious food that you have never experienced before! Mom was in heaven at the all-you-can-buy flax wall, and we had a great time tasting yummy cheeses. I also had to take them to THE MART. Nebraska Furniture Mart is like the only place to get furniture here. There is something for everyone's budget, every brand you can think of, and it has 3-4 different COSTCO size buildings of furniture! CRAZY! We also headed to Hancock Fabrics and the parents got me started on my new adventure of learning how to sew. We figured I better learn quick, Baby W's clothes are going to need some altering. I already headed to another fabric store and I am anxious to start practicing! I am going to start small, with burp cloths and blankets and then when he is born I will move up to little jeans and shirts!
That night we headed to Chipotle, then to the movie Extraordinary Measures. I would definitely tell you to see it, it was a great movie, but maybe just as a rental. We all enjoyed it though.
Saturday we got up, got ready, my dad fixed a few things around the house, (Thanks DAD!) then loaded in the car and headed to Lincoln for a Nebraska vs. Oklahoma basketball game. We of course had to stop at the Cabella's on the way to see how it compared to others we have been in. It was still pretty massive, but Sandy, Ut's is still larger. I ended up with a pair of Privo shoes for $20 and some awesome slippers! Yeah!

The basketball game was at 12:30, and as we pulled up to the building where the game was and got an AMAZING parking spot, we were a little scared that Nebraska didn't have any fans. We were only 1/2 hour early and there was NO ONE there! Well, it turns out that Oklahoma was snowed in, their flight was delayed, and the game had been postponed until 7:00 PM! Ahhh! We drove the hour drive all the way back to Omaha, then loaded in the car again at 5:30 and drove BACK to Lincoln. Who know the 2 hour basketball game would require a 4 hour drive! We had a really good time nonetheless, and my pops even got to meet Tom Osborne, a Nationally known football coach; he was pretty pumped!
The next day we headed to the zoo. Omaha seriously has an awesome zoo. Every time I go I see something I missed the time before. This time we discovered The Leig Jungle....holy cow! It was awesome! I cannot believe how extensive this zoo is! My mom LOVED the Aquarium, I think she could have stayed their for DAYS!

It was pretty chilly out so we probably only saw half of the zoo, but we loved every minute. Well, every minute except for the ones with the snakes, right Mom?!
We had such an amazing time and loved being with the parents all weekend. It was great to show them our home, where Cody goes to school and the city that we live in. We are so happy that they are in our lives and what a strength they are to us. We love you, thanks for visiting!

10 comments:

Marjie said...

I knew that we had a good time, a really good time, but when I saw it in this post, we had a GREAT time. It was so wonderful to see your home and your new city. We love you both so and wish you joy! Thanks for being such great hosts.

AmandaS said...

How fun! I can't wait to come and visit. The zoo will definitely be on the top of the list!

Ashley Wray said...

Sounds like you guys had so much fun! I love it when the parents come to visit, it's always fun to show them around "your town."
That nursing cover that Mandy made you is adorable, I love the fabric! Keep us posted on your sewing adventures, you might even inspire me to learn!

Emilee said...

Sounds like there are lots of fun things to do around Omaha, the nursing cover is so cute. Baby blankets & burp cloths are a great place to start to learn how to sew!

Tiffany said...

Chelsea, I read your comment when I got home from church today and was so excited that you stopped by! I read the story of your ultrasound and think it's fantastic that they were able to catch his diagnosis before the delivery...they missed it in ours, but that's ok. I hope you will contact me with questions (my email is on my blog) it seems we already have a lot in common...I have four brothers and a father that are all dentists. :)
Anyway, you seem so positive and I hope you are able to stay that way and when the bad days come just go with it, knowing it will all pass and make you stronger. Your little guy will come and you will be blown away with his presence. He will be strong and happy and keep you on your toes. Keep me posted on what comes your way and good luck!

Lacee said...

I know aren't visitors great! And there timing was perfect! Sounds like there is plenty of fun to be had in Omaha!

Sarah said...

If Margie and Jim and/or your sister Amanda and family come to visit again, please don't hesitate to come visit us! We live 10 minutes from the zoo! Hope you all are well! Sarah (Waetzig) Miller

Idaho Hodges said...

Looks like loads of fun!! I'm not sure I even saw a baby bump on you. you look great! We love you!!

The Wigginton Family said...

Hey Chelsea! I'm so glad you found our blog and I'm excited we can keep in touch. I read the whole story about your ultrasound and Baby W and I was so impressed by your faith and optimism. You are incredible! I'm looking forward to staying updated with how you, Cody and your sweet baby W.

Em and Bart said...

Sheesh Chels, if I come will you take me on that kind of a tour! It sounds like a TON of fun!