Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Wow. 5 Months!

I am just feeling so blessed lately. My boys are happy and healthy and I love them more every day. To see updated pictures, go to my photography blog...
www.winterhollerphotography.blogspot.com
They JUST started napping at the same time. They are 5 months old! Holy cow it was a long 5 months with no breaks all days, but I wouldn't ask for anything different:) Dax would nap for about 45 minutes in his crib or bouncer, and Barrett, well, sweet Barrett would scream in my arms until I could somehow get him to go to sleep...holding him. Then I was tied to the kiddo! Good thing Dax is a stinking awesome baby, he was my saving grace! Really Barrett didn't nap for long in my arms, so most of his naps were in the stroller or the carseat. Needless to say, I made sure to go somewhere one or two times a day to get that boy a little rest.
After our Montana trip I decided to buckle down. We are on day 7 of 2 naps a day...at the SAME TIME! They aren't perfect, but let's be honest, they are babies. I feel like a new woman though:) We had dinner at 530 every night last week! That is a first in, well, 5 months. I love, love, love to cook, and it was seriously such a nice refresher. Hopefully the kiddos will be happy happy when they are awake now that they have a little more of a schedule.
Barrett. O I love this dude. He is dra-ma-tic! He is such a laugher. It is so funny when you tickle him he grunts to try and hold it in, but in the end he always ends up with a huge belly laugh. Cody says Barrett is going to be a momma's boy, we will see. He loves to read. LOVES IT. I think I could read to him all day and he would be happy. All of a sudden he likes his binkie, but not when he is really, really mad. Then he could care less about it!
Dax follows me around the room with his eyes. Never wants to let me out of sight. He never, ever stops smiling. Even when he is crying you can squeeze a smile out. He doesn't produce tears, and if he does, he is really, really mad. He is a hard one to get to laugh, but if you can do it, it is so worth it! He is our little tank. He feels so much heavier than Barrett, but I think it's because he is more compact. He is grabbing toys and scooting around like a mad man. Dax loves his silkie from Auntie Missy. He pretty much smothers himself with it to sleep, and I have to go move it after a few minutes because I am an uptight mom:)
The boys are REALLY starting to notice one another. They hold hands when the nurse. It is heaven sent:) On the flip side, about 2 weeks ago, I heard some screaming from the living room. They were tugging on each end of a little football, yep, fighting over it! They were both screaming and it was so funny! Here we go...:) Let the fighting begin! They are playing together a little bit more, too. I hear giggles sometimes and it just makes me smile. They love to roll over onto their tummies and look at one another. They both have already had their fair share of bumped heads, on one another and on our hardwood floor. They cry for a few seconds and then get over it.
My boys love me. I walk into a room and they are instant smiles. It makes me feel so special!
Cody is the best daddy. He walks in from work and gives me a kiss, then goes straight to a kiddo. He tickles and plays with them, and gets them all hyper:)

2 comments:

Ariel said...

Holy moly, I can't believe you lived without a nap break for that long. Wow is right! I hope the simultaneous napping lasts forever:)

chelsea mckell said...

So fun to read! Now that I think about it, it was probably around 5 months that I felt like my babies were doing more consistent, simultaneous naps. Sometimes. Then they'd say JUST KIDDING! and go back to doing whatever whenever. :) So cute about the holding hands while nursing. Just wait til they start poking each other's eyes out while nursing. :) I have no doubt they're absolutely crazy about their mama - how could they not?! Sounds like a home with a lot of love!