Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What to say...???

We are officially BUSY and virtually unemployed, all at the same time! How is that possible, you ask well....(be prepared, this is the world's longest post..I know that I will have a couple die hards that make it through the entire thing!)
Since our last day of work in Billings, this is what we have done:

Tuesday 12: 
Missy and Clan come to town! Will and Wendy picked up Z pizza for us all and we chowed down. That night I did Wendy, Will, and Missy's hair! Talk about a crazy night. It was so fun though! I really do love doing hair and have been so sad that I can't do it full time right now in my  life. It brings me so much happiness making others feel good about themselves and just chatting the whole time!
Wednesday 13: 
Aaron, Erika, Brevin, and Jace flew in at 10:00; Ray, Sher, Alec, Olivia, Carson, and Addy flew in at 1:00, and now, the WHOLE CLAN IS OFFICIALLY HERE! So basically, there was more food than we could handle (including chocolate chip cookies, chocolate chocolate chip cookies, pound cake, and mint brownies; yes, all in one day...!) , more messes than you can even dream of, and SO MUCH FUN! We just hung out with everyone and had a great BBQ this night. We even had an all adults table! HOw exciting! hehe!

INTERRUPTION:
I think that this goes without saying, but EACH AND EVERY NIGHT we dedicated 7pm-10,11, or 12am to this:

We were all officially Olympic addicts, and proud of it! Thank heavens for DVR, we did have a few interruptions, and we quickly made up for them with this wonderful new invention! We kept wondering if everyone in the world literally puts their life on hold for 2 weeks to watch this...and we came to the conclusion; that yes, most people did!

Thursday 14th: 
This was the best day of them all, by far. Addison Laurel Winterholler was sealed to her family for time and all eternity today! It was one of the most precious events that I have ever witnessed. The feelings of the Spirit of the Lord were not able to be ignored that day. I am so grateful for the sealing power that is here on the earth today that allows us to be with our families for all of eternity. 

After the sealing we went to Rib and Chop house and ate some spectacular food! I even had fried green tomatoes for the first time in my life!

Friday 15th:
Pictures of the Grandkids! Grandma loves to get pictures of her grandkids every year, and these ones were so cute! Of course, heads have to be switched here and there...it is nearly impossible to get all TWELVE of the kids smiling at once! While the girls/kids were doing pics, the boys went and had a little golf match, and TIED! That afternoon, Grandma had bought a HUGE blow up waterslide that entertained everyone for hours! It took the kids a minute to get used to the cold hose water, but they soon loved every minute of it! The baseball game was mixed in on one of these days:

Then came...the FAIR. It has been a while, I have to admit. We had fun watching Olivia scream her lungs out, Alec and Jaxson pretend that they weren't scared, and Kinsley get put somewhere in between. We ate corn on the cob, corndogs, hamburgers, and of course, funnel cakes! 

Saturday 16th:
Shopping for the girls, shooting for the boys, babysitter for the kids....perfect for all! Of course, the waterslide was hit up for hours once more, and after these festivities, we went to Red Robin, need I say more? Delicious as always! There was some scooter rides too:

Sunday 17th:
The worst day of them all! Well, it started out okay. We had a giant birthday party to celebrate Aaron, Missy, Wendy, Alec, Carson, and Grandma Barbara's big days, as well as Ray and Sher's 18th Anniversary! We ate a yummy sheet cake with ice cream that was delicious! Then came the tears. We had a family prayer with everyone, which was so great. Then Justin, Melissa, Jaxson, Kinsley, Lilly and well, Hunter or Tyce or Holden...anyway...they left. It wasn't too hard for Cody and I because we knew we would see them in a few days when driving home to UT. It was still sad just to know that it was the beginning of EVERYONE leaving though. That night Will and Wendy and kids flew to Las Vegas, so we had to say goodbye to them too. I almost started balling when I hugged Wendy, we have gotten so close to them over the summer and I am so sad that we had to leave. I guess we will just have to wait 5 more years and we will be with them again! That is forever...okay, let's just not think about it! Cody and I went and visited Grandma and Grandpa Stott and Joel and Robin and kids Sunday evening. We will miss them all so much!

Monday 18th:
Shopping with Erika and Sher and kids, some yummy tortilla baked casserole, and no tears today!  Woo-hoo!

Tuesday 19th:
Tears return. Aaron and Erika left today. Cody gets to see them in about 3 weeks when he flies to Nebraska for an interview(woo-hoo!) but I won't see them until probably Christmas, and that is no fun. I haven't been able to spend much time with these guys before, and we really had a ton of fun. I love talking to Erika about anything and everything, and Aaron always has random facts that make me laugh. The boys, well, I couldn't really break Brevin, but I sure got Jace laughing on Monday night...just in time!  We will miss them a ton!
Cody and I also had to do the most sad thing ever today...pack up to leave MT. We had to go and say bye to my parents, which was so sad. I have LOVED spending so much time with them. I talk to my mom every day, but it just isn't the same as seeing her! We had fun cooking together, golfing together and just chatting in the living room through the wonderful Montana thunder storms. We love them and already miss them and it's only been a week! Good thing Amanda is having a baby soon...!

Wednesday 20th:
We left the promise land. Sad, sad day. We got up early and said goodbye to Bert, which made me almost cry. Then Laurel and Sher, which did it again! Bert and Laurel have done so much for us, we will never able to pay them back. I am so grateful for amazing families who take care of us!
We stopped in Rexburg for lunch at my favorite sandwich shop ever Mill Hollow. Missy and cute Lilly met us there and we had so much fun, as always!
Construction, Traffic, and everything else that comes with traveling happened, and then...
6:45 pm: Our dreams for 4 months came true...CAFE RIO! It was absolutely everything that we have been yearning for! hehe! We are addicts!

Thursday 21st-today:
Shopping for groceries, visiting Kevin and Amanda's new abode in Sandy and eating yummy food, cleaning our house from 4 months of sitting and collecting, unpacking everything that we took and more that we brought home, applying to a billion jobs, buying books for Cody's SENIOR year, finishing secondary applications for dental school, many, way too many, interviews, trying out 24 hour fitness on a free 7-day trial, making the first homemade dinner that Dan and Katie have had in 4 months, cooking up calzones with Tanner and Brittney, catching up on apartment managing stuff, and starting our job, once more, at Rapid Wash Laundry.

Whew! I hope you all still love me despite the book that I just wrote! I won't have my feelings hurt if you didn't read it all, honestly, it is for journal purposes!

4 comments:

Ashley Wray said...

Ok, well I read the whole thing, does that mean I have no life? Haha, I guess it helps that I know every person that you were talking about! So glad you guys had such an awesome time in MT, and so jealous, the longer I'm away, the more and more I want to go back and just live close to family and in the greatest place on earth, maybe someday we'll get back! Anyways, good luck with school, job hunting etc, make sure and update us a little more often :)

Idaho Hodges said...

I read the whole thing even thoght I was there for the whole thing! Good re-cap. It was a great time and it's sad we have no idea when it will happen again.
Love you guys

chelsea mckell said...

I am one of your devoted fans, a never-say-never die hard winterholler-a-holic.
And.... I like to have something to read while I feed my baby :)
Loved it - you have been a busy lady! And honestly, i dont know how you stay so skinny with all those decadent treats you get. Well, I bet most people get lotsa treats too....they just dont blog about it, so no one knows (I say this as I scarf down my almond hershey kisses).
Sweet sealing story - I love those.
Do you like 24 hr better than golds??

ensadler said...

Thanks for the blog! I can't remember things as well as you do, possibly because of the two munckins I chase all day long. Who knows? Anyway, I ready all of it every single word. It will be good to have to look back and remember all the fun things that happened. Aaron and I are still looking for jobs in Billings. Hopefully we won't be here when you guys come for school.
Love ya
I already forgot some of the steps in cutting Aaron's hair although he may remember them.