Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Vegas and Birthday fun


Whew, long time no post! I am back after my almost 2 week vacation! I am sad it is over because all the the family is no longer near us, but I am happy to be back in my bed! I have a lot of catching you up to do...I am sure it will take me a few days!
I had a great 23rd birthday! I cannot believe that I am 23! I feel so old, I should have so many things achieved by now! I need to kick it up a notch! ha! I had a great day filled with a lot of fun phone calls from family and friends. Most made the call before 11:00 am...which is pretty dang good! I did have one friend call at about 10:30 pm...you know who you are!(She claims she remembered all day...she was just trying to fake me out...yeah, uh-huh. Love ya!) My parents got me a cream jacket that I have worn every day since, as well as a knife sharpener that is totally awesome! Cody spoiled me and took me to see Twilight...finally! I was so happy and absolutely loved it! He gave me the best present that I will probably ever get for my birthday. He made a photobook on our apple of our wedding. It has the most beautiful quote in it with some amazing pictures from that special day. I couldn't have asked for more, I love it! I love you hunny! Thanks again!

On the 20th we headed to Las Vegas for the BYU vs Arizona Vegas Bowl. The game was such a blast! It was FREEZING cold...yes, in Vegas! I drank 3 hot chocolates and Brittany and I shared the most DISGUSTING churro I have ever eaten! (Okay, so we each had about 2 bites and then Tanner downed the rest!)

This is the pic of the watered down hot chocolate and the nast churro! (As well as me in my new beanie that I got for my birthday! Cute, huh?!?!)
After the game we ate a a yummy restaruant in the Bellagio, Sensi. We got this coconut creamed curry, the best potatoe wedges ever, tempura battered asparagus, and Tanner and Britt had short ribs. It was O-So-yummy! We headed to the center of the bellagio after that for a few pics...



They had some amazing Christmas decorations. The Tree was the center of it all and was HUGE! As are the Christmas balls that Tanner and Brittany are trying to lift...to no avail!
Also, we of course ate at Jean Phillipe, I can't talk about it...it makes me want to drive a mere 5 hours to taste it on my tounge! It was delicious. 
We probably won't be heading to Vegas for who knows how long...so it was good to make one last trip to sin city! Ha!

3 comments:

Nels, Drea, and Crew said...

I'm glad you had such a great b-day. Isn't always the presents that the boys put a little time and effort into that always means the most. Nels printed out our blogs of '07 for Christmas for me and I am so glad. It took him awhile to cut and paste everything, but now we have a hard copy of our family journal. Maybe for my birthday I will ask him to do '08. Ha! We will see if that will happen!

Brianne Heiner said...

dude, Lana can get on the phone right now and testify! haha

chelsea mckell said...

you and vegas.... sheesh.
ha! I knew you'd be freezing. You're lucky to have had a (way cute) beanie though - I was there in just a sweater when we went.

that IS the sweetest birthday present! seriously, I'm going to somehow sneakily (is that a word?) make brian read this post so he can get ideas. You didn't say what the quote was though. C'mon...

OH - and you commented on my blog that you HAVE read my posts, but just don't comment. First of all - I KNOW. I have the BlogFrog. It tells me who has visited my blog and when. It's a little widget on the lower right of my blog. Very handy. It's amazing how many people look at my blog and never comment...
SECOND of all... repent now, and comment for the rest of your life!