Sunday, June 28, 2009

2nd Anniversary!

We had the most amazing anniversary this year! Cody suprised me on the 22nd by giving me an envelope that included a map through the Beartooths and Yellowstone National Park, hotel reservations in Jackson Hole, WY, whitewater rafting passes, and tickets to Grease at the Playhouse in Jackson. O my gosh I was so excited! The views were absolutely amazing.
We spent about 10 hours driving to Jackson, I think that going through the Beartooth Mountains was my favorite. We probably stopped 8 times in the Beartooths alone! We got to our hotel at about 8:00 pm and had the nicest dinner at an Italian restraunt. I had homemade gnocchi...to DIE for! Cody got a delicious fire-cooked pizza and we also had the best lemon tarte ever made. Not to mention the delicious sourdough bread as an appetizer...now I have to find some way to master that recipe, Cody is addicted!
The next day we got up and went white water rafting. It was a perfect 75 degrees, and, of course, I forgot the camera! (I figured it would be a pretty crappy idea to take a real camera on a river, anyway!) Cody and I sat in the very front of the boat and got drenched on every single rapid. We had such a blast and can't wait to go on bigger rapids someday!
Then we headed back to our AWESOME hotel and got ready to go to GREASE! It was so much fun, I am absolutely obsessed with that movie. It was a perfect end to an awesome day.

Can you guess where the picture above was taken? Okay, so in every single other persons photo journal of their trip to Yellowstone, they will have a picture WITH Old Faithful, right? Well, because of the somewhat sketch lady who took this picture for us, we can only tell you that we WERE at Old Faithful. She just happened to miss the whole, "Make sure that the fountain is in the picture with us, Okay?????"
Thank you, thank you for such an amazing surprise for our 2nd Anny, babe! (I don't know how this one will be topped...better start thinking!)

Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Lacee said...

What a fun surprise!! Happy 2nd!

Marjie said...

He SO loves you.

Marjie said...

He SO loves you.

chelsea mckell said...

RAFTING! So fun!

Ashley Wray said...

So much fun! White water rafting is the best, and I've never been to the playhouse there but I'm sure it was a blast! Happy anniversary! Love your "Old Faithful" picture!

Emilee said...

So much fun! I love those areas, we are so lucky to have it all in/8hr. from our backyard.