Monday, August 31, 2009


I have loved this picture lately. I don't know why, but it calms me. Hope it does the same for you.

Well, a little update for everybody is well overdue. We are trucking along and already feeling the effects of first year dental school. Cody is staying up until wee hours of the night studying and even waking up early...like 6 am...on Saturdays before heading to the library to get in a few extra hours. He is getting to know a few more kids in his class, which is soooo good. I am ready for some friends to start coming our way any day now! His first mega exam is this Friday, so I am expecting not to see him much at all the next 3 nights, and then to party hard on Saturday! We are excited for the long weekend and hope to have a BBQ on our nice big grill.
We have still been working on our house here and there. We are getting closer to getting all of our pictures on the walls and more decorations up. There is just so much space to cover compared to our little 1 bedroom in Provo! I am getting my sink put in for my salon in two days and I can't wait! Hopefully then I can slowly start building my clientele and get a little extra money rolling in. We have been hanging with Aaron, Erika and the boys non-stop, and I am loving it! They are so fun to be with, eat with, shop with, pretty much do everything with!
I am staying busy, well, occupied, anyway! Work is going great, I work 3.5 days a week, which is just perfect for me. I swear the other day and a half I am cleaning my MASSIVE house! Okay, so it just feels massive! I have been experimenting starting an actual website instead of just a blogspot, so we will see if the fruits of that labor are ever shared with all of you!
We had a nice weekend and watched a few movies. We just joined Netflix, and it is so crazy getting movies in the mail! I LOVE IT! We watched Race to Witch Mountain and Push this weekend and they were both actually pretty good!
Okay, I am obviously out of stuff to talk about...sorry!

7 comments:

Kathy said...

Please do tell that Dr. Student that we think about him often, and pray for his success. I'm glad that he's taking his classes so seriously. I remember when they converted the laundry room to a study for Will. Wendy spent lots of alone time way back then. I envy the both of you and this time in your lives. Know that we love you and please do give Dr. Student a big hug for us. We are proud of him.
Aunt kw

Marjie said...

That great picture is now my screen saver-I love it. You two already have three weeks of dental school done--Yeah! I love you both. Mom

Lacee said...

Sounds like you are both keepin' busy! So you guys are counting down the weeks already, lol! Sometimes you have to take things one week at a time.

AmandaS said...

Random thoughts:

Sew, sew, sew! I think you need to sew on all these late study nights that Cody has. Plus, I need another sewing buddy!!!

Race to Witch Mountain was good, eh???

We need more pictures of the house!!!

Ashley Wray said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy and having fun. How neat that you're going to do hair at your house, that's perfect! We are fellow Netflix lovers, getting mail is 12 times more exciting when you know a good movie is waiting. We love renting seasons of TV shows. Like Mandy said, we need more pics of the house!

David and Heather said...

It was fun to meet you the other day, Chelsea! You have some amazing pictures on your blog. How fun to be good at photography :) Fall break = halfway through fall semester for the dental students, and we still have thanksgiving break after that! I'm sure it will go fast.

Allison said...

Love that picture too--very calming. How fun that you have all this space and are getting things arranged and settled to make it a home! Way to be tough through all the dental schooling and stress--you guys are awesome!