Sunday, March 28, 2010

Boring post

Hmm...time for an update, huh? It is finally nice here, about 50 degrees most days, and we are actually seeing the sun! HALLELUJAH! I seriously think we had 4 months with no sun. This week is supposed to be in the 70's, and I can't wait. (Too bad I have to work! Even though I am not quite sure what else I would do!) We have been spending the last few nights outside watching Aaron and Erika's boys run around, so that has been fun. I am so happy that it is BBQ weather, it is fun to see everyone going for walks and chatting outside.
This week was pretty brutal for Cody...he had 3 HUGE exams, so he was pretty non-existent around the house. (He has been studying at home rather than at school though; so even though he is busy, it is nice to be in the same house with him!) He is anxious for the summer to come. He has a break May 7-May 31 and July 16-August 10. (or around those dates). He is planning on trying to find a job at the dental school to pic up some extra kwan so that he can go golfing as much as possible! There are quite a few nice courses in Omaha, as well as many within a few hours of here. Hopefully he can get alot of time in this summer, because after this summer he doesn't really have a break for the next 3 years. He is really excited about BBQ weather too, our BBQ is pretty awesome and he is getting all into it...last week we bought him a tenderizer and
we are constantly looking at new gadgets to purchase to make his BBQ-ing more eventful.
March Madness had been, well, a BLAST in our home. For those of you in the STOTT Bracket, yes, I am KICKING BUTT. Seriously, even before the sweet 16 there was no way that I could lose! My dad has been calling me pretty much every day to update me on how much I am STILL winning by! It has been a blast...I will have to let you all in on my secret way of picking winning teams...but maybe not for 10 or 15 years. It is fun rubbing it in all of my Uncle's/Dad faces (who think they are know-it-all's of bball!! Ha!
My bro, Nate, got shoulder surgery this past week...man he is a trooper! He went in to get a artroscopic(sp?) surgery and came out with 3 pins in his shoulder! The doctor told him that he doesn't know how he has even been living with his shoulder torn up as bad as it was. He is tough, bottom line! Hopefully he is able to get better fast so he can still hit up the links and play a little summer softball league.
Okay, I am done rambling. I obviously don't have much to say, but wanted to update anyway. Thanks to everyone for all of the prayers coming in our direction! We can really feel the comfort that they are bringing into our lives. We have another appointment on Thursday, so keep those prayers coming our way! We love you all!

5 comments:

AmandaS said...

That wasn't a boring post! I feel like my posts are the boring posts! I will have to keep my eye out for cool barbecue gadgets for Cody!

p.s. you have totally sucked all the fun out of Uncle Jack's bracket. Thanks a lot!!!

Erica said...

There are way to many yummy smells coming from your BBQ lately. I keep telling Chris that we should steal some off your grill when your not looking:)

Marjie said...

NOT boring. So NOT! I love hearing the details of your life and the little joys like watching little nephews. Nate is a tough guy-ouch! you need a couple of lawn chairs to veg on this summer. All of you are in my prayers each day. Love to you.

Lacee said...

Sometimes it is just nice to just have "boring" things going on though! I love it that you are beating all the uncles and my brothers in the brackets, I got busy and didn't get my bracket filled out, so I'm totally rooting for you! We are thinking of you three and praying for you each day.

Allison said...

Thanks for the update! And we do keep you in our prayers!!