Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 2 of Birthday celebrations

Since Cman's birthday was on a Wednesday (lame-o) we celebrated with friends and family on Friday. It is master's weekend, so he walked in the door from school and said, "I love you hunny, but I've got some Master's to watch." (There was a quick kiss thrown in there too!) Little did he know who would be joining him for the viewing...

Jane! I love this picture. She is looking at him like, "Seriously, is that magazine really more important than ME?!" She had fun watching golf with him for a little while. In the meantime, Teddy and I were preparing Cody's bday "cake". Then he and I went out to Rivera's, a beyond delish mexican restaraunt in Omaha. He always gets carne asada, and I get lobster and rock shrimp enchiladas. O my yummy. We have leftovers that I can't wait to chow on today! After dinner, can you guess where we ended up?! The golf store, of course! We chilled there for a while, he hit some clubs into the simulator, then headed home for the big reveal.
I was so excited to bring Cody's cake up to him! You see, Cody doesn't really have a deep love for cake. He does, however, have a deep love for homemade oreos. Yep. Pretty easy for me! I was a little bored, though, so this year I snazzed it up a bit with a centerpiece!

He seriously LOVED it! I was so happy. It is not often that you can get a reaction out of Cody, and I got an awesome one this year! Look at that smile! I am so glad that he was impressed with it. The only problem is...now what do I do next year?!?! (He has already requested a full golf ball instead of one cut in half! Ha!) The back had his "weezer/winterholler" sign on it. He is always drawing this on doodles.


Okay, okay, I will tell ya how easy this was. We just whipped up some rice krispies and shaped them into a half ball. After they hardened a little bit, I made some homemade fondant. We placed it over the top, smoothed and trimmed it, then used an actual golf ball to make the divots in the "cake". It was so fun and turned out great! (We had to have the oreos on the side, of course:))

2 comments:

AmandaS said...

That is beyond sweet! LOVE the cake! Well, the rice krispie cake. Sooo cool! Happy Birthday old man!

Teddy, Scott, & baby Jane said...

Awesome cake! We sure did good! Next year is worth stressing over already, full golf ball for sure. We can do it! Love that pic of Cman and Jane-o. SO cute.